Monday, November 15, 2010
Candy Bar Cake
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
• 4-6 (1.5 ounce) Hershey Bars milk chocolate candy, coarsely chopped w/ almonds
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F Grease and flour 3 (8-9 inch) round cake pans.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, milk, eggs, oil (follow pkg ingredients and directions. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
**Use two of the chopped candy bars to garnish the top/sides of the cake.