- 10" CRISPY flour tortilla * fry it lightly yourself if they come soft, and *keep it flat and unbubbled*, let dry)
- Creamed Spinach * THIN layer on top of tortilla, really thin.Don't use a sour-cream base brand. Get something reliable (top brand), frozen OK, Thaw.
- Finely chopped scallions * sprinkle enough to lightly cover the tortilla. I mean LIGHTLY, you shouldn't COVER the thing!
- Finely squared or chopped TOMATO bits -- also lightly sprinkle.
- JALAPENO ARTICHOKE MIX * sprinkle lightly over tortilla (described below)
- Cheddar/Jack Cheese Mix. * cover tortilla completely, but don't pile up. just shred enough of both cheeses together. You can use 50/50 or 60/40.
to cook only until the cheese melts completely; you don't want to get
the tortilla soggy.
Jalapeno artichoke mix. I buy a small jar of marinated artichoke hearts, but be careful with those, they come unsoftened. You'll have to drain the oil and either boil or steam them until they lose their stiffness. Anyway, cut 'em up small. Then, get a few slices of SPICY jalapenos and chop them up just as small. Mix the pieces together, stir. Then you sprinkle them on the pizza right after the scallions and tomatoes.
• 1 1/2 cups whole milk
• 4 (10 ounce) boxes boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry; reserve 1/2 cup liquid
• 3 large garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• Salt and ground black pepper
1. Combine milk, spinach liquid and garlic in a 1-quart microwave-safe measuring cup or small bowl covered with a saucer, and microwave (or heat slowly in a medium saucepan) until very hot and steamy. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to soften garlic.
2. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour. Add hot milk mixture all at once, then whisk until smooth. Stir in spinach; cook until sauce is thick and bubbly and spinach is tender but still green, about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese, nutmeg, and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper. Serve hot.
• After adding spinach to sauce the mixture can be turned onto a large rimmed baking sheet to cool quickly, then transferred to a covered container and refrigerated up to 2 days. Warm slowly over low heat. Stir in cheese and season a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper. Serve hot.