Friday, September 17, 2010
Juicy Roasted Chicken
• salt and black pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
• 1/2 cup margarine, divided
• 1 stalk celery, leaves removed
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
• Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.
Note: I sliced 8 garlic cloves and put in cavity, under skin and on top YUM! I also sliced 2 small lemons and put one in cavity and the other on top. Put 1/4 cup butter in cavity and 1/4 cup sliced butter on top. Put cut celery in cavity, and then salt/peppered all over. Roasted for 2 hours - turned out perfect. The GRAVY was AWESOME!! Some flour with the oils, then chicken broth and all the browned bits from the pan and juices from carving.