Friday, October 1, 2010
Cheese Garlic Biscuits
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 5 tablespoons butter
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• 1 clove garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add the milk and cheddar cheese; stir to combine. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. While biscuits are baking mix melted butter and minced garlic. Brush garlic butter over hot baked biscuits.