Friday, October 1, 2010
Baja Stuffed Potatoes
• 6 large baking potatoes
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 3/4 cup sour cream
• 1 1/2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
• 1 - 2 (11 ounce) cans Mexican-style corn, drained
• 2 (4 ounce) cans green chile peppers, drained
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Pierce each potato several times and rub generously with oil. Bake until softened, about 45 to 55 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine sour cream, cheese, corn and chiles.
4. When the potatoes are cooked, cut a slit in the top of each one and squeeze or scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell. Combine the potato flesh with the cheese mixture; mix well. Spoon the potato mixture back into the shells, and place them on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown
Yummy!!!!!! This is a must try. We have had this once and we all fell in love. The 2nd time I made it to a cassarole. Mashed everything together and baked it till melted and golden...... so good. Saved time from scooping the potatoes.