Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
• Fresh Jalapenos (around 2 inches in size)
• Cream Cheese, softened
• Regular Bacon, sliced into thirds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise and remove all of the seeds. Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese.
2. Wrap each jalapeno with a slice of bacon (1/3 regular slice). Secure bacon by sticking a toothpick through the middle of each jalapeno.
3. Bake on a pan with a rack in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. (You don’t want the bacon to shrink so much it starts to squeeze the filling out of the jalapeno) If after 25 minutes the bacon does not look cooked, turn your broiler on for a couple of minutes to cook the bacon (keep a close eye while you’re using the broiler!)
The taste best when served hot, but also taste good served at room temperature.